IKOS Jena - the counseling center for self-help, is the first address for interested people in and around Jena when it comes to the topic of self-help.
This counseling and help service has existed in Jena since 1991, when three model locations for self-help contact points were established in Thuringia: Erfurt, Suhl and Jena. In 1991, the AWO Kreisverband Jena e. V. was awarded the contract and established IKOS (Information and Contact Point for Self-Help) together with the AWO Family Counseling Service as a contact point for people seeking help.
After the Jena AWO as our supporting association merged to the district association Jena-Weimar e. V. and in the meantime to the regional association Mitte-West-Thüringen e. V., this social association is still the good and safe home for the Jena self-help landscape.
- promote the exchange of experience between the different groups and network existing offers
- represent the interests of self-help groups, initiatives and organisations in public relations work
- are partners for professional staff from the health and social sectors
- guarantee high quality standards in counselling
- provide information on professional care services in Jena and the region
- organise topic-oriented events
- We stand for transparency, honesty and neutrality in our daily work.
- We assure that we are independent of the economic and purely financial interests of companies, lobbyists and political representatives.
- We are committed solely to our humanistic world view and the mission statement of our supporting organisation AWO RV Mitte-West-Thüringen e. V.