Self-help is active in addition to the groups at the local level in the state of Thuringia and nationwide.
Who are we?
Relatives and friends of people with mental illness. Affected persons,
- who know fear and helplessness, are plagued by guilt and feelings of guilt
- suffer from loneliness and excessive demands
- encounter a lack of understanding and prejudice
- and have to struggle with deficiencies in psychiatric care.
We want to
- give information about help offers
- to exchange feelings and concerns in frank conversations with others
- realize that it is not a disgrace to have mentally ill people in the family
- learn that family members also have a right to personal well-being
- influence legal changes in psychiatric care.
Because only together we are strong!
The State Working Group Self-Help Plenum Thuringia emerged from the Thuringian Self-Help Plenum e. V.. All self-help counseling centers in Thuringia work together here and see themselves as partners for professionals from the health and social sectors. Our meetings serve the further education and the exchange of experiences. Joint actions at the state level are prepared and carried out. We are also in constant dialogue with the ThLVA, the health insurance associations in Thuringia and the TMSFG.
Contact person in Jena
IKOS- Counseling center for self-help
AWO - Zentrum Lobeda
Phone: 03641 8741160
Fax: 03641 8741203